by Prof. Ieris Astolfi
translation by Simona Ubertiello
The common thread of Mr Fogg’s planning is represented by the promotion of languages and terminologies, useful and necessary for the psychophysical and social development of each child.
These languages find their theoretical reference in the concept of children’s experiential fields which, referencing different cultures, are able to evoke, encourage and assist progressive learning and personality development.
In particular, Mr Fogg’s planning includes the following educational projects:
- Main project: “Bilingualism: learning the English language” through the Mr Fogg Method, which focuses on natural pedagogy, child-centered education, multiculturalism, linguistic intelligence and the methodology of an active, motivated, interested and involved child. This project will accompany the children throughout their entire day and in all experiential projects presented, but never forced, by the personnel (teachers, educators, experts, supervisors);
- Annual project: during the school year 2020/2021, the didactic project will focus on the concept of “Well-being”, as an essential condition for a healthy and balanced life in regards to each field of one’s personal physical, psychic and social life, wholesome spaces and times, hygiene and prevention, respectful and appropriate behavior; new routines and experiential activities, also referring to the current healthcare emergency; acquisition of greater awareness and autonomy.
- Psychomotricity project: body language, knowledge of self and others, the connection between movement and cognitive abilities (attention, perception, memory, intelligence, learning), encouraging spatial and physical-kinesthetic intelligence;
- Musical project: the language of sounds, from vocalizations to notes, rhythm to dance, recognizing and reproducing tones and rhythms, in order to promote musical intelligence and non verbal communication, other than emotional and social (interpersonal and intrapersonal) intelligence, and empathy;
- Art project: the language of beauty and artwork, from painting to museum visits, from yesterday’s history to today’s artistic languages, from suggestion to reproduction;
- Pre-school project: the language of pre-logic, pre-writing and pre-reading, for children who are going to attend primary school, in order to foster their logical-mathematical intelligence, their grasp of space and time and the correct handling of specific educational material.